- Collection of proof rules.
- Based on the syntactic structure of formulas.
- Can decide whether application is correct by looking at syntax.
- Inventing a proof.
- Creative (non-algorithmic) activity.
- Proof rules provide a mental skeleton and give some guidelines.
- Ultimately, some insight is required.
- Checking a proof.
- Mechanical (algorithmic) activity.
- Proof rules determine the framework.
- Everyone is able to read and check a proof.
Every scientist and engineer should understand these rules.
Author: Wolfgang Schreiner
Last Modification: November 30, 1999