CASA Function: leadingForm
Collects the terms of a polynomial with a degree equal to the degree of the polynomial.
- f := leadingForm(poly,vars)
- poly : polynom(anything,vars)
- A polynomial in the variables vars over some coefficient domain.
- vars : list(name)
- A list of variable names.
- p : homogeneousPolynom(vars)
- A homogeneous polynom over the same coefficient domain as poly in the variables vars of degree equal to the degree of poly in the variables vars.
- leadingForm(poly,vars) collects the terms of highest degree of the polynomial poly.
- The leading form of the zero polynomial is defined to be zero.
> f := x^2+3*x*y+y;