CASA Function: homogenize
Homogenizes a polynomial.
- p := homogenize(poly,vars,x)
- poly : polynom(anything.vars)
- A polynomial in the variables vars over some coefficient domain.
- vars : list(name)
- A list of variable names.
- x : name
- The name of a variable, the homogenizing variable.
- p : polynom
- A polynom over the same coefficient domain as poly in the variables vars and x.
- homogenize(poly,vars,x) homogenizes a polynomial in vars with respect to the homogenizing variable x.
- It is not checked whether the homogenizing variable already appears in the variables vars or in the coeeficient domain. In such a case the result is the same as homogenizing with a variable not appearing in vars or the coefficient domain and then replacing that variable with x. In this case the result might not be homogeneous.