CASA Function: homogeneousForm
Collects the terms of a polynomial of a certain degree.
- f := homogeneousForm(poly,vars,degree)
- poly : polynom(anything,vars)
- A polynomial in the variables vars over some coefficient domain.
- vars : list(name)
- A list of variable names.
- degree : integer
- The degree of the terms that should be collected from the polynomial
- p : homogeneousPolynom(vars)
- A homogeneous polynom over the same coefficient domain as poly in the variables vars of degree degree.
- homogeneousForm(poly,vars,degree) collects the terms of degree degree and returns the form (a homogeneous polynomial) that is built from that terms
- The sum over all homogeneous forms from degree 0 to the degree of poly in vars, should give poly.
> f := x^2+3*x*y+y;
> evalb(f = f2+f1+f0);