The RISC Algorithm Language (RISCAL)
July 7, 2023: RISCAL 4.2.7
(performance improvements and bug fixes in system invariant/LTL checking)
- JKU Linz Student Projects and Theses
- See here how to join the further development of RISCAL.
The RISC Algorithm Language (RISCAL) is a specification language and
associated software system for describing mathematical algorithms, formally
specifying their behavior based on mathematical theories, and validating the
correctness of algorithms, specifications, and theories by execution/evaluation.
RISCAL also includes an interface to various SMT solvers and provides (via an embedding of
the RISCTP theorem proving interface) theorem proving capabilities.
The software has been implemented in Java; it is freely available under the terms of the GNU GPL.
Take a look at this video presentation
and this paper.
Click to enlarge screenshots.
Virtual Machine: You can download a pre-configured
virtual Linux machine
(for the free VirtualBox
virtualization software) with RISCAL for execution under MS Windows,
Mac OS, or Linux:
Virtual Machine with RISCAL
RISC Users: RISCAL is installed in the RISC environment.
To start the softwarem execute
To start the software, login as user "guest" with password "guest", double-click the "Terminal" icon, then execute "RISCAL &".
The installation of the software with sample specifications is available in "/software/RISCAL".
module load RISCAL
- Download RISCAL
- This includes all the files for running the software on 64-bit
GNU/Linux x86 computers; for others, the appropriate version
of the Standard Widget Toolkit
(SWT) has to be downloaded and installed.
See the files README,
- Tutorial and Manual [HTML | PDF]
- This is the user documentation of the software.
- This is a web interface to the Subversion repository that holds
the source code of the program. The repository can be read anonymously
by any Subversion client from the URL
- RISCAL WebEx
- A software to produce web exercises for RISCAL.
- Video Presentation
- A slide-based video presentation on RISCAL.
- Publications and reports on RISCAL.
- Further slide presentations on RISCAL.
Last modified: August 29, 2019