Go backward to Example
Go up to Top
Go forward to Superposition
Hierarchical Program Structures
- UNITY program can be union of several components programs.
- Components can be themselves unions of other programs.
- Hierarchical structures of arbitrary depth are constructed.
- Power of abstraction
- Program described by externally observable properties.
- Implementation is hidden.
- Simplicity of program design.
- All UNITY statements are treated alike:
- Each statement is executed infinitely often.
- Depth in hierachy is meaningless.
- Modularity: variables may be hidden in hierarchy.
Id: unity3.tex,v 1.1 1996/04/19 12:29:22 schreine Exp schreine