Seminar: History and Philosophy of Mathematics
Seminar, SS 2023
Time and Place: Tuesday 10:15-11:45, T 406/1. >
Kontakt: Josef Schicho, email: email@example.com
Mathematics is embedded in its time, it is influenced by sociological factors and it has consequences for the society.
The talks in this seminar should be about various aspects of this interaction.
Mode: Every participant chooses a topic and prepares a talk for about 45 minutes (to have some time left
for discussion). At least 8 days before the talk a concept should be sent to me.
One week before the talk, I will meet the speaker to have a preparatory meeting.
- 7.3. Organization (distribution of slots and topics)
- 21.3. Dominik Baumann, Joachim Borya. Bourbakism
- 18.4. free slot
- 25.4. Ananya Adhiguru. Potential effects of AI on the practise of mathematics
- 2.5. Lidiia Zharikova, Dajana Rexhaj. Software in mathematical education
- 9.5. Nicole Großschädl, Markus Kapplmüller. The concept of a function
- 16.5. Korinna Deak, Julia Reidinger. The foundational crisis
- 23.5. Jonas Mayr, Vanessa Seßler. Interpretations of probability
- 6.6. Julian Zauner. Relativity theory and its mathematical foundations
- 13.6. Maximilian Donnermair. Topics in mathematics
- 27.6. free slot
- Interpretations of quantum mechanics
- Mathematical methods for AI
- Set theoretical vs. category theoretical foundations