- Algebraic approach to semantics of parallel programs.
- Processes are algebraic terms.
- Calculus for term manipulation preserving equality.
- Main interest: how do processes interact with each other?
- Central notions:
- Strong bisimilarity: equivalence even for internal actions.
- Observation equivalence: equivalence only for observable actions.
- Observation congruence: equivalence preserved under all substitutions.
Modeling of systems that react with their environment.
Author: Wolfgang Schreiner
Last Modification: June 8, 1998