A Process Calculus
- Description of process networks
- Static communication topologies.
- History sketch
- Robin Milner, 1980.
- CCS: Calculus of Communicating Systems.
- Various revisions and elaborations.
- Extended to mobile processes (pi-calculus).
- Algebraic approach
- Concurrent system modeled by term.
- Theory of term manipulations.
- External behavior preserved.
- Observational equivalence
- External communications follow same pattern.
- Internal behavior may differ.
Modeling of communication and concurrency.
Author: Wolfgang Schreiner
Last Modification: June 8, 1998